Ensure the Longevity and Strength of Your Trees With Professional Tree Pruning Services.
Pruning is one of the most important and overlooked parts of tree care. Proper tree pruning promotes tree health and vigorous growth by removing dead and diseased limbs, thinning crowded areas, removing crossing and interfering limbs, and promoting a strong, healthy, and natural tree structure.
At Patriot Tree Company, we specialize in tree pruning and tree climbing methods that ensure as minimal damage as possible to the tree while still accomplishing the goals of the prune. We follow guidelines and best practices approved by the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) and American National Standards Institute (ANSI). Having many mature trees on our property in Louisville allows us to have specific tree climbing and tree pruning training with all our employees before they are asked to climb and prune clients trees. This ensures you will never have a “newbie” pruning your favorite shade tree.
All too often trees are improperly trimmed by inexperienced, uneducated, and unprofessional arborists. Every tree takes careful consideration concerning which limbs to remove and which limbs to leave. Our Arborists combine firsthand knowledge of the needs of Front Range specific tree species with industry accepted pruning practices to produce a result that balances the desires of the client with what is best for the health, structure, and safety of the tree.
Common tree pruning objectives include:
- Crown Cleaning and Hazard pruning– We remove dead or broken branches that can potentially cause hazards on your property. This also improves the health of the tree by removing diseased and insect pest infested branches.
- Thinning – In Colorado, we have two environmental factors that put the trees in your yard at risk: high winds and large amounts of snowfall. Thinning can help to mitigate both of these risks.
- End weight reduction – We use practices outlined by both the ISA and ANSI to properly reduce the length and weight of specific branches using methods that minimize the negative effects this type of pruning can commonly cause to trees.
- Roof, street, and sidewalk clearance – Commonly, trees are planted close to houses and streets. Using proper methods, we can give clearance between your trees and the structures they are near.
- Pruning young trees – Pruning at an early age will promote a strong structural shape and vigorous growth.
All pruning recommendations made by our Arborists are specific to each individual tree. Please contact us to schedule a time to have your trees evaluated by an ISA Certified Arborist!